The Heritage Tail Dog Park is a cooperative project between the City of Hilliard and the Columbus and Franklin County Metropolitan Park District and was made possible by donor contributions.
The park is located at 7262 Hayden Run Road, at the Heritage Trailhead.
This park provides Hilliard area residents with a safe place for off-leash play with their dogs. Off-leash play benefits all members of the community. Dogs who have regular exercise are better neighbors. They are quieter, better behaved and are friendlier to other people and dogs.
Below is a color rendering of the park. Some unique features about this park are the distinct areas for different types of dogs - one acre dedicated to leisure or small dogs and three acres dedicated to active or larger dogs. In the middle of the park is a doggie "sprinkle area" with water features and a doggie drinking fountain. Also notice the path ways through the park that lead to benches and shaded areas.
The City of Hilliard is seeking financial sponsorship and services in-kind to continue to fund this project and add additional features. Additional information about how you can get Involved in this project!
Rules for the Heritage Trail Dog Park
- All dogs must display proper license and vaccination tags while in the park.
- Dogs in heat or under four (4) months of age are not permitted in the park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the park.
- Children under the age of nine (9) are not permitted inside the off-leash area.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be under the voice control of their handler and in view of their handler at all times.
- No more than two (2) dogs per handler at a time.
- For the safety of others, dogs are not permitted to wear a choke, spike or prong collar.
- Dogs must be leashed outside of the dog park area.
- Please do not bring food of any kind into the dog park.
- Please prohibit your dog from digging in the dog park.
- Dog owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Dog owners are requested to self-police the area and use the park at their own risk.
- The City of Hilliard and the Columbus and Franklin Country Metropolitan Park District are not responsible for injury or illness to dogs or their owners.
- Park is subject to closure due to maintenance or special events.
- The Heritage Trail Dog Park is a non-smoking facility.
- Failure to comply with posted rules or dogs that are behaving in a dangerous or aggressive manner will result in removal or expulsion from the park.
Emergency: Dial 9-1-1
To report non-emergency, dangerous, or vicious dog problems, please call the Hilliard Division of Police at 614.876.7321 or the Franklin County Dog Warden at 614.525.3400. To report an unattended dog, please call the Franklin Country Dog Warden at 614.525.3400.
To report other non-emergency problems with the dog park, please call the Hilliard Recreation and Parks Department at 614.876.5200.
Spraypad hours are 10 a.m.-8 p.m. seasonally
Due to maintenance and new grass seed the Heritage Trail Dog Park is closed until spring 2014. Thank you for your patronage this year and for your patience until we re-open.