While patrol is the primary function of law enforcement, it embraces much more than the act of patrolling. Patrol can range from a traditional response when a call is made for police assistance to more advanced technological methods of enforcement and prevention. The following are a few of the services provided by the Patrol Division to the residents of the City of Hilliard and Norwich Township community:
- Preventive patrol throughout neighborhoods and business districts;
- Crime prevention activities;
- Response to called-for services;
- Investigation of crimes, including arresting offenders and aiding victims;
- Traffic control;
- Regulation of certain business activities or events as required by law;
- Maintenance of public order;
- Provision of emergency services;
- Relationship development between citizens and the department;
- Information reporting to appropriate organizational departments;
- Participation, by request, in community activities.
The patrol officers want to work with the residents of our Hilliard and Norwich Community to continue to create a safe environment for everyone.