Can I arrange for a tour of the police department?

Yes, for school age children and adults. Hilliard residents should call 614.334.2575. We will work with you to set a mutually convenient time, generally between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Tours generally last about an hour and are tailored to the ages of the tour group.  For more information CLICK HERE.

What time is curfew in Hilliard?

For children age 12 and under, the hours are from dark to dawn unless with a parent or guardian or on a legitimate errand as directed by his or her parent or guardian. For youth ages 13 to 17, the hours are from midnight to 6:00 a.m. unless he or she is with a parent or guardian, or on a legitimate errand as directed by a parent or guardian, or directly en-route to or from employment.  For more information, see Hilliard City Code Section 539.02


Can I get a copy of a police or accident report?

Yes. To obtain an accident report taken by the Hilliard Police CLICK HERE.  If you have any difficulty in obtaining a report from this website, please contact 614.876.2429.

My neighbor’s dog is barking, what can the police do?

Hilliard City Code section 505.16(a) states that the offending domestic animal must cause annoyance to one or more inhabitants of two or more separate residences to be in violation of the stated code before enforcement action can be started.

My neighbor has a car/truck that does not move for days at a time, what can the police do?

Hilliard City Code section 351.14(a) prohibits vehicles from being parked continuously on the street for periods lasting longer than 24 hours. The first violation is a minor misdemeanor and subsequent violations within one year are subject to increasing fines and penalties. On-street parking of recreational vehicles is limited to two hours and parking of commercial vehicles is limited to one hour unless the vehicle is being used for the performance of service or delivery of tools or materials such as loading or unloading.

Can a speaker be requested for a local citizen group meeting?

Yes. The Police Division has officers and detectives who can speak on a variety of topics. For more information, CLICK HERE.  To request a speaker for an upcoming event or meeting, call 614.334.2575.  NOTE:  No less than two weeks notice is required.

I’m locked out of my car.  Can you help me get into it?

Yes, however the vehicle owner must consent to the risk of possible damage from the use of the entry equipment.  The Hilliard Division of Police will assume no liability if damage is sustained to the vehicle.  For more information, CLICK HERE.  To request an officer for assistance, contact 614.876.7321. 

I’m locked out of my house. Can you help me get in?

The Norwich Township Fire Department has the ability to gain entry through overhead garage doors.  To request assistance, call the Fire Department at 614.876.7694.  The police department can send an officer to the residence; however there is no assumption that the officer will force entry.  The Hilliard Division of Police non-emergency number is 614.876.7321.

What number do I call in case of an emergency, 9-1-1 or 876.7321?

In a true emergency situation, call 9-1-1. If you want to report a crime, accident, or have an officer dispatched to your location, call 614.876.7321.  For more information about 9-1-1, CLICK HERE.

What can I do about a stray dog or cat running loose or hit by a car?

Contact the Hilliard Division of Police at 614.876.7321 or Franklin County Animal Control at (614) 462-3400.  For more information, CLICK HERE.

What are the age restrictions regarding children and car seats?

Children who are in either or both categories of less than 4 years of age OR less than 40 pounds must be in a child restraint safety seat. Children less than 8 years of age, unless they have reached 4’9’’ in height must be in a booster seat. Children who are 8 – 15 years of age must use a seat belt. Please check the Ohio Revised Code Section 4511.81 for more information.

In an emergency, why does a dispatcher ask so many questions? Why don’t they just send a car?

Questions are asked so that the dispatcher and the responding officers have all the necessary information regarding descriptions of vehicles/persons involved, any injuries, any weapons used, etc. This also helps the officers understand the severity of the situation, how many officers should respond and the priority for emergency/non-emergency runs.

Our neighborhood wants to hold a block party. Who do we contact?

Mail your request for a street closure to: Chief of Police, City of Hilliard Division of Police, 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, Ohio 43026. The letter must contain your request for a street closure permit, the date of the event, the beginning and ending time you wish to block off the street, the exact street addresses that will be affected by the street closure, one adult signature from each affected address giving his or her permission to block the street, and the contact person’s name, address and telephone number. No fee is required. Once your request is approved, you will receive the permit in the mail. Call 614.334.2140 with any questions.

Can I burn leaves on my property?

Open burning is prohibited within city limits without a burning permit. For more information, call Norwich Township Fire Department at 614.876.7694.

Who do I contact to get a knox box?

Call the Norwich Township Fire Department at 614.876.7694 with any questions regarding knox boxes.

When is pickup day for branches and leaves?

Call the City of Hilliard Service Department at 614.876.7361, ext. 799 or CLICK HERE for more information.

When does the city spray for mosquitoes?

Call the City of Hilliard Service Department at 614.876.7361, ext. 799 or CLICK HERE for more information.

I need to have my fingerprints taken for a new job. Where can I have this done?

The Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) required that all requests for Ohio civilian background checks be submitted electronically through use of WebCheck or other approved methods.  CLICK HERE for more information.   

Can the police tell me how many points/accidents there are on my driving record?

No. The police are not authorized to release that information. Call the Bureau of Motor Vehicles at 614.752.7500.

Can I get a photo I.D. at the Hilliard Division of Police?

No. Contact the Bureau of Motor Vehicles at 614.752.7500.

I received a speeding ticket. Can your agency tell me how much I have to pay?

No. If you received a speeding ticket from the Hilliard Division of Police, call the Hilliard Clerk of Courts between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 614.876.7361, ext. 502 or 503.  In some cases, you will receive that information when you are handed the ticket.

My electric is out. Can the police tell me when the power will come back on?

No. Contact AEP (American Electric Power) at 1.800.277.2177.

What day will my trash be picked up?

Please call Local Waste Services at 614.409.9375 for residential pickup, or CLICK HERE for more information.

My street hasn’t been plowed yet since the snowstorm. When will it be plowed?

Please contact the City of Hilliard Service Department at 614.876.7361, ext. 799 regarding snow removal or CLICK HERE for more information.

I represent a towing company. Where can I get copies of multiple reports?

CLICK HERE for copies of multiple reports.