Incentives & Programs
A variety of economic development incentives, site selection tools, and permitting assistance are available for businesses expanding or locating in Hilliard. Hilliard’s Economic Development Department is the local contact for state and regional resources through Columbus 2020 and JobsOhio.
- Property Tax Abatement – Reduces real property taxes on new commercial construction or rehabilitation of existing structures in designated Community Reinvestment Areas.
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF) – Redirects a portion of new real estate taxes from commercial property improvements to finance public infrastructure.
- Job Growth Incentive – Companies adding high-wage jobs may be eligible to receive an annual payment or refundable tax credit equal to a portion of the new employees’ City of Hilliard income tax withholdings.
- AEP Energy Savings Program – Business customers who install energy efficient products can reduce their investment payback period, energy consumption and costs. Visit www.aepohio.com/save/business/programs/ for more information.
- Columbia Gas Innovative Energy Solutions Program – Offers rebates for energy audits and facility improvements that reduce natural gas usage. Visit www.columbiagasohio.com/business/save-energy-money for more information.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) – Financing program for qualifying energy and water efficiency improvements that allow projects to be financed through assessments on a property owner’s real estate tax bill.
- Franklin County PeopleWorks – Up to $500,000 will be invested annually through 2021 to create workforce opportunities for area businesses based on individual needs. Visit www.development.franklincountyohio.gov/ people-works for more information.
- OhioMeansJobs Columbus – Franklin County – OMJ- CFC works with employers to assist with hiring and training. Visit www.cowic.org/employer-services/ for more information.
An economic development organization for the 11-county Columbus Region, Columbus 2020 is focused on generating opportunities and build the capacity for economic growth through partnerships with state and local communities.
- Funding sources and incentive programs
- Workforce training and recruitment resources
- Market research including demographic information, workforce analysis and customized data
- Specialized assistance to foreign-owned companies and domestic companies who are looking to increase exports, to help them navigate the myriad of considerations specific to international business
- Information about available land and properties, and coordination of site tours
- Marketing, communications and events support when it’s time to announce an expansion