City announces Freedom Fest, nationally known performers for 2019 4th of July celebrationPosted June 12, 2019 in Community Alert
The City of Hilliard is excited to announce Freedom Fest, the City’s annual 4th of July celebration with a new name, bigger entertainment and plenty of fun for everyone!
The lineup of Freedom Fest activities will include the annual parade through Old Hilliard followed by a day of patriotic fun at Roger A. Reynolds Municipal Park. The fun will include live music from local and nationally known artists, a large kid zone featuring SuperGames, 20 food trucks and one of the biggest and best firework shows in central Ohio.
4th of July Parade
The Franklin County Agriculture Society’s 4th of July Parade starts at 9 a.m. at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. From there it will head down Main Street, then Norwich Street, continue west on Cemetery Road, south on Main Street and end at the Hilliard United Methodist Church on Scioto Darby Road. Register to join the parade. Please note that there will be street closures in the area of the parade and parking will be limited.
The City of Hilliard’s Freedom Fest celebration will continue at Roger A. Reynolds Municipal Park starting at noon and going until the always-amazing fireworks finale.
One of the most exciting changes to this year’s event is the addition of nationally known performers. The City will announce the opening and headlining acts at Celebration at the Station on Thursday, June 6.
- Pool activities – noon-6 p.m.
- Live music by student rock bands from Hilliard Bradley High School, Hilliard Darby High School, and Hilliard Davidson High School – 2:45-5 p.m. (Main Stage)
- Live music by Hilliard alumni band Threat Level Midnight – 5:15 – 5:45 p.m. (Main Stage)
- 20 food trucks – 3-11 p.m.
- Kid Zone featuring SuperGames – 5-9 p.m.
- Parade awards – 6:00-6:15 p.m. (Main Stage)
- Live music by a nationally known opening act – 6:15-7:30 p.m. (Main Stage)
- Live music by a nationally known headlining act – 8:15-9:45 p.m. (Main Stage)
- Fireworks – 9:50 p.m.
Watch our website, social media, and weekly Hilliard Happenings e-newsletter in the coming weeks for more details, including shuttle information, our call for volunteers, an event map, rules and regulations, and more.
Keep up-to-date on Freedom Fest.
Thank you to the following Freedom Fest sponsors:
Credit Union of Ohio, Hello Fresh, Japanese Automotive Services and Mount Carmel