City Buildings to Reopen June 8Posted June 2, 2020 in Administration
HILLIARD, Ohio – Hilliard Municipal Building and the Community Center will re-open to the public on Monday, June 8, with additional precautions in place to ensure the safety of the public and City staff. The Safety Services Building on Northwest Parkway will continue to be closed to the public until further notice.
City Manager Michelle Crandall issued order 2020-EO-020 Friday afternoon.
New safety precautions will include spaces identified to ensure social distancing and glass partitions that will be installed at customer service windows.
The re-opening does not yet mean a complete return to pre-COVID operations. Public meetings will continue to be held remotely, the Senior Center will continue to be closed, and classes and programs are not yet resuming at the Community Center.
The opening does allow the public to come into City Hall for permits, to pay bills, to ask questions, and for other basic services. If possible, however, the public is encouraged to call or email the City rather than visiting City Hall:
- General questions: (614) 876-7631
- Building Inspections: (614) 334-2466. Inspections will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Construction Inspections (Public Infrastructure): (614) 334-2454. Inspections will be conducted as staff is available.
- Code Enforcement: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Permit Applications: Please download forms at Permits and Applications. Each form may be returned via mail or by using the Municipal Building drop box.
- Building Standards: Email email@example.com
- Engineering: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning: Email email@example.com
- Finance/Tax: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation and Parks Department: (614) 876-5200
- Public Records Requests: Email email@example.com
- City Council: Email firstname.lastname@example.org