City of Hilliard Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update | May 1, 2020Posted March 12, 2020 in Community Alert
Based on the State of Ohio’s April 30 extension of its Stay Healthy and Stay at Home Order until May 30, the City reminds residents of a few affected areas related to City of Hilliard operations:
- Public gatherings of more than ten people are prohibited unless exempted by the state order. Weddings, funerals, religious facilities/groups/gatherings are exempted.
- The state’s order prohibits public events, opening public and private swimming pools (with the exception of those intended for a single household), splash pads, parades, festivals, fitness facilities, public recreation centers, aquatics facilities, playgrounds, sports tournaments, sports leagues, and residential and day camps.
- Meetings of City Council and its boards and commissions will continue to be held virtually, with an appropriate mechanism for public viewing/participation as spelled out by Ohio law.
- All City buildings will remain closed to the public for the duration of this order. This includes facility rentals, the Community Center, and the Senior Center. Depending on their job duties, City employees may work remotely or at their designated work areas but must meet all social distancing and health guidelines issued by the State of Ohio.
You can find a list of what’s closed on our Local Business Assistance page.
Past information and previous updates can be found at www.hilliardohio.gov/coronavirus and on City of Hilliard social media.
- Franklin County: https://myfcph.org/covid-19/
- Columbus: https://www.columbus.gov/coronavirus/
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Ohio Department of Health: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/know-our-programs/Novel-Coronavirus/Resources-for-the-Public/Resources-for-the-Public