City Buildings Closing to Public Until Jan. 18Posted November 19, 2020 in Community Alert
On Thursday, Nov. 19, Franklin County became Ohio’s first county to reach “purple” status for COVID cases. This is the most severe level in Ohio.
The City values the health and well-being of its community and employees. We have continued to monitor the ongoing spike in COVID cases in Central Ohio, and as a result we are implementing the following steps as part of our COVID response.
City buildings closed
Effective Monday, Nov. 23 through Jan. 18, City Hall, the Community Center, and the Senior Center will close to the general public. Virtual and online classes will be held, as will the drive-through senior lunch program.
The Safety Services Building will remain closed to the public.
Mayor’s Court will close until January. Defendants and their counsel will be contacted regarding notices of cancellation and a new court date.
The Clerk of Courts Office in the Joint Safety Services Building will remain open, but the public is not permitted to come to the office. Visit the Mayor’s Court web page for additional information. All payments may be made online through the website or by calling 614.334.2361.
Requests for service may be made online through Hilliard 311.
Residents who need to contact a City Department during this period may visit the City’s website or refer to the list below:
- Building Inspections: Please call (614) 334-2466. Inspections will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Construction Inspections (Public Infrastructure): Please call (614) 334-2454. Messages will be checked daily and inspections will be conducted as staff is available
- Code Enforcement: Please contact Kristie Harshbarger at email@example.com. Reports will be accepted, but investigations may be delayed
- Permit Applications: Please download forms at https://hilliardohio.gov/permits-applications/. Each form may be returned via mail or by using the Municipal Building drop box.
- Finance Department (including Tax Questions): Please contact Alexandria Boomershine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recreation and Parks Department: Please call (614) 876-5200
- Public Records Requests: Please email email@example.com
- City Council: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Nov. 23 to Jan. 18, all City employees who can effectively perform their duties will be asked to work from home.