Freedom Fest Entertainment Offers Something for AllPosted July 3, 2019 in Community Events
Freedom Fest will feature more than just a nationally known headlining act this year. Guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy live music by local high school and alumni rock bands.
Kicking off the entertainment at Roger A. Reynolds Municipal Park is While I’m Away, a punk-rock band made up of students from Hilliard Bradley High School. The group has known each other since childhood and grew up listening to music that played an influential role in shaping their paths as musicians.
The second act of the day is Ink, a pop-punk band consisting of four Hilliard Darby High School students.
Pyranimals will follow Ink on the main stage. This rock and roll group includes four Davidson High School students.
Threat Level Midnight will be the last band to take the stage before opening act Simba Jordan and headlining act Rodney Atkins. The Hilliard alumni rock band behind the album, “Broken Hearts + Broken Strings”, hasn’t played together in the past year but are coming together to perform for their hometown’s 4th of July celebration.
- Hilliard Bradley High School Rock Band – While I’m Away (3 p.m.)
- Hilliard Darby High School Rock Band – Ink (3:45 p.m.)
- Hilliard Davidson High School Rock Band – Pyranimals (4:30 p.m.)
- Hilliard High School Alumni Rock Band – Threat Level Midnight (5:15 p.m.)
- Opening Act – Simba Jordan (6:30 p.m.)
- Headlining Act – Rodney Atkins (8:15 p.m.)
For more information on Freedom Fest, including event schedule, parking, rules, event map, and more, head to hilliardohio.gov.