Hilliard Plans to Open Pools with COVID Safety In MindPosted April 12, 2021 in Community Alert
Get your bathing suits and sunscreen, Hilliard! The City is moving forward with a phased opening for its pools and splash pads this summer.
With guidance from the State of Ohio, Ohio Department of Health, Franklin County Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, City officials are confident they can provide a COVID-safe pool season, membership sales, and swim lessons in 2021.
Pool memberships go on sale Monday, May 3, to Hilliard residents, and Monday, May 17 to school district/non-residents. A limited number of memberships will be offered to comply with local safety rules.
The main pools will open in three phases, starting Saturday, May 29. The Hilliard Family Aquatics Center lazy river and interactive pool will remain closed during Phase I. The splash pad at Hilliard’s Station Park will open Monday, May 10.
“We’re excited to open our facilities after having to keep them closed last summer,” said Aquatics Supervisor Anastasia Bradley. “However, they are going to look a little different to ensure everyone’s safety.”
Patrons will be required to plan ahead and follow safety protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Full details are available on the City website, but some of the most notable changes are:
- Limited number of patrons allowed in the pools.
- To promote health and safety, staff will be regularly and rigorously cleaning and disinfecting. As a result, access to certain amenities may be limited.
- Guests will be required to book two-hour timeslots in advance to maximize the number of people who can enjoy the pools.
- All guests must wear a mask and maintain six feet of social distancing when entering buildings and facilities and when they are near other patrons outside the water.
- The pools will not provide drinking fountains or lounge chairs. Patrons may bring their own chairs and water bottles.
“We know we can have a successful pool season with the help of our community,” Bradley said. “Our staff is committed to making sure we have the safest environment possible for both our patrons and our employees.”
For complete information on the 2021 pool season and membership sales, visit hilliardohio.gov/pools-passes/