Income Taxes with Deputy Director of Finance Greg Tantari

Posted March 22, 2018 in Administration by Anna Subler

Tax day is April 17 this year. If you are 18 years or older and live or work in Hilliard, you need to file an income tax return.

A two percent municipal income tax is imposed on anyone who earns income in the City of Hilliard as well as residents who earn income elsewhere but are not taxed within the district in which they work. An offsetting credit up to two percent is available when income tax has been paid to another municipality.

Our Deputy Director of Finance Greg Tantari further explains the filing process and how income taxes are used in Hilliard.