Leaf Collection UnderwayPosted October 18, 2021 in Community Alert
City of Hilliard curbside leaf collection begins Monday, Oct. 18, and will continue through the end of the year. Residents should rake leaves to the curb area (between the sidewalk and street) by 7 a.m. on their scheduled pickup day.
Crews will collect leaves placed at the curb during scheduled times by neighborhood zones (listed below). The color coded quadrant map can be found here.
Mondays – Orange zone.
Tuesdays – Green zone.
Wednesdays – Blue zone.
Thursdays – Purple zone.
When raking leaves for collection, please remember to:
- Rake leaves to the curb in the green space between the back of the curb and sidewalk.
- Do not place leaves in the street or pile them around fire hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, signs, basketball hoops, drains or streetlights.
- Avoid parking cars on cul-de-sacs so trucks can get to the leaves.
- Do not mix brush or trash into leaf piles.
- Keep children away from leaf piles that are ready for collection
Leaves may cause temporary discoloration to your grass. However, the grass will grow back rich and green in the spring. To prevent grass from discoloring, rake your leaves immediately before your scheduled pickup date.
After the leaf collection period ends, leaves are to be placed in biodegradable paper yard waste bags or in a trash bin designated for yard waste only. The bags or bins should weigh no more than 50 pounds each when filled, and will be collected as part of the normal curbside-composting program every Tuesday. Bagged leaf collection is provided by Local Waste Services through the month of November.