Light Hilliard Blue May 9-16 in Support of Law EnforcementPosted May 3, 2021 in Police
The Hilliard Division of Police is asking for the public’s help in lighting Hilliard blue beginning next Monday, May 9, in conjunction with Light Ohio Blue Week.
Light Ohio Blue Week is a campaign to show support to the law enforcement personnel who protect our communities in Ohio, and a way to honor and pay respects to the law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty.
Each year in May campaign participants have worked with businesses and organizations in Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Toledo and Dayton to light their city skylines blue.
Hilliard police is encouraging every citizen and business to change their home or business’ exterior lights to blue to show their support for law enforcement personnel.
Lights can be purchased at area home improvement stores.
How can you help Light Ohio Blue?
- Place a blue bulb on your exterior porch light;
- Wrap blue Christmas lights around your home or business;
- • Light up your entire home or business with blue flood lights;
- Place blue ribbons on your mailbox, nearby columns or posts;
- Wear Blue on May 15
- Tell your friends, family and neighbors what you’re doing, and post a picture to social media using #LightOhioBlue2021 or #LightHilliardBlue
Light Ohio Blue Week will take place May 9-16 this year, in coordination with May 15 being National Peace Officers Memorial Day. Hilliard residents and businesses are asked to leave their lights blue through May 19 in recognition of fallen Hilliard Officer Sean Johnson, who ended his watch May 19, 2016. For more information please visit lightohioblue.org or follow Light Ohio Blue on Facebook.