New Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) – Kicks Off on June 8th at Celebration at the StationPosted June 2, 2017 in Recreation & Parks
New Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) – Kicks Off on June 8th at Celebration at the Station
What You Need to Know: The City of Hilliard Has Established a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA)
Hours of Operation: 6-10 p.m. Celebration at the Station in Hilliard’s Station Park Thursdays, June 8 – Lt. Dan’s New Legs (LDNL), June 15 – Shucking Bubba Deluxe, June 22 – Three Ton Toad, June 29 – Black Water Road, July 13 – Trailer Park Ninjas, July 20 – Lee Gantt, July 27 – Radio Tokyo, Aug. 3 – Reaganomics, Aug. 10 – Nashville Crush and the second Saturday of the month for Party on the Patio (June 10, July 8, & Aug. 12).
How It Works: You may purchase a beverage from a liquor permit holder’s establishment and walk within the DORA boundaries with the alcoholic beverage. If you plan to leave the establishment, please request your alcoholic beverage be served in the designated plastic cup. No cans, glass bottles or outside drinks are permitted within the DORA. Police officers are patrolling the DORA.
Where You Can Buy: You are able to purchase alcoholic beverages at these approved DORA establishments ONLY:
- Otie’s Tavern & Grill
- Abner’s Casual Dining
- The Old Bag of Nails Pub
- Sports on Tap
What You CAN Do:
- Purchase a drink at an authorized location and walk around the DORA (see the map)
- Take a purchased drink into a non-liquor serving establishment if the owner allows
- Drink responsibly and have fun
What You CANNOT Do:
- Bring your own outside drinks into the district
- Walk with a purchased drink outside the designated DORA plastic container (no cans, glass or outside drinks)
- Take a beverage purchased at one DORA approved establishment into another DORA approved establishment
- Display inappropriate behavior
Boundaries: The map outlines the boundaries of the DORA. It begins at Hilliard’s Station Park and continues down to The Old Bag of Nails Pub. There will be signs posted when you reach the boundaries of the DORA, please keep an eye out for them. You are not permitted to carry purchased alcohol beyond the boundaries of the DORA.
Please keep this information in mind while partaking in our special events in Old Hilliard this Summer.