New Resident Checklist
Welcome to Hilliard! We’re glad you’re here.
Below is a checklist of common items new residents need to complete. You can get a copy here.
- Activate utilities at your new address.
- Add local emergency numbers to your contact list.
- Set up cable and internet.
- Notify friends, family and employer of your new address.
- Enroll school-age children at the school they will attend. For details, contact Hilliard City School District at 614-921-7000.
- Change your address with the S. Post Office.
- Update your voter registration information with the Ohio Secretary of State.
- Update your billing address with any banks, financial institutions, credit cards, medical providers and insurance companies.
- Put trash and recycling collection dates on your calendar.
- If you’re moving to Hilliard from out of state, register your vehicle with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles and consider updating your driver’s license.
- Update your contact information for your pet’s microchip and veterinarian.
- Sign up for Hilliard’s weekly electronic newsletter.
- Follow the City of Hilliard on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Add your home to Hilliard’s Do Not Knock Registry.
Check out our complete list of community resources.