Nominations Open for Hilliard Senior Hall of FamePosted May 20, 2021 in Recreation & Parks
Honored for a lifetime of service, personal achievement and a positive image of aging, one or two senior citizens are inducted to the Hilliard Senior Citizen Hall of Fame biennially. Nominees may be living or deceased and should exemplify how senior citizens contribute to their communities and respond creatively to retirement.
Nomination forms are available online, at the Senior Center, the Hilliard Community Center and the Hilliard Municipal Building through the month of June. Decisions will be announced in August. This year’s induction ceremony will be held Wednesday, October 6.
“This is the way to honor senior members of the Hilliard community,” said Hilliard Senior Citizen Hall of Fame Coordinator Melissa McKenzie. If you say ‘Hilliard’ and think of a certain person, that’s a perfect candidate for the Senior Hall of Fame.”
Nominees must be
- 55 or older and may be an individual or couple. Submit one nomination giving information on both individuals.
- Must currently live within the boundaries of the Hilliard City School District AND must have lived within the district for at least the past five years.
Exception 1 If the nominee has lived in Hilliard school district for five or more years before nomination but is currently living in an assisted living or extended care facility, or other facility outside Hilliard school district for reasons of health or income, the person is eligible for nomination.
Exception 2 If the nominee has been a long-term resident of the community (20 or more years) and had to relocate after making a significant impact in the community during residency.
Exception 3 If you feel your candidate does not fit into one of these categories, please reach out to us.
- The nominee cannot currently hold an elected public office.
- Candidates may be nominated posthumously.
- Nominations may be made by an individual or organization.
- Nominations are considered for a five-year period and may be resubmitted for consideration on the sixth year without a waiting period.
- Inductees are chosen for their lifetime of service and achievements as well as how they represent a positive image of aging. Selection is NOT based on the number of nominations received.
- Recognize nominee for their unpaid efforts (not a job).
- Please be as detailed as possible. Your information is the basis for the selection.
- Please encourage others who know your candidate to send in additional information.