Police to Host First Ever Career DayPosted April 26, 2017 in Employment Opportunity
Hilliard Division of Police to Host First Ever Career Day
Department’s diverse job opportunities highlighted in April 29 recruiting event
Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Do you think you have what it takes to serve as a police officer with the Hilliard Division of Police? Are you an individual who exemplifies the Core Values of integrity, commitment, cooperation and professionalism?
- HPD is seeking the best and brightest to serve the growing communities of the City of Hilliard and Norwich Township. For the first time, the Hilliard Division of Police will host a Career Day from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 29 at the Joint Safety Services Building, located at 5171 Northwest Parkway in Hilliard. Any individual interested in becoming a police officer is encouraged to attend this free event.
- Guests will learn about the many diverse opportunities available to those who serve with the Hilliard Division of Police. Career Day will spotlight many of the functions of the agency, including the Crash Investigation Team, School Resource Officers, Motorcycle Unit, Honor Guard and Bicycle Unit. Additionally, on display will be police cruisers and the department’s Command Vehicle, as well as the various uniforms worn by members of the HPD.
- The public will be invited to participate in a 90-minute tour of the Division’s impressive facility, which includes a shooting range in the basement. Those who are interested in applying for a position may learn more about the Division’s hiring process directly from one of the Division’s background investigators. Chief Robert Fisher and other members of the administration will also be on hand to speak to potential candidates and answer questions on agency standards.
- Hilliard police officers will work to enhance residents’ quality of life by working cooperatively with the public to prevent crime, preserve the peace, enforce the law with respect to the constitutional rights of all citizens, reduce fear and provide a safe community environment. The salary and benefit package are exceptional, and reflect the City’s commitment to hiring quality individuals.
Applications should be submitted electronically and must be received by 5 p.m. on April 30, 2017. Written examinations will be administered at the Joint Safety Services Building, 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, Ohio on May 6 and 7, 2017.
- Testing date and time will be assigned once application is received. Additional questions may be directed to Gerald Edwards, Human Resources Director, at 614-334-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE HILLIARD DIVISION OF POLICE — Started in 1957 as a special police force to serve the growing village of Hilliard, the Division of Police has developed into an organization with a strength of 57 police officers and 11 support team members. HPD serves the City of Hilliard and Norwich Township, providing policing and community safety services to a geographical area of approximately 17 square miles. For more information, visit www.hilliardohio.gov/police or find the department on Facebook and Twitter.
ABOUT THE CITY OF HILLIARD — The original Hilliard area was platted in 1853 after John Reed Hilliard purchased 10 acres of land in western Franklin County. The City of Hilliard has since blossomed into a vibrant and diverse community that is transforming into a more connected and urban city that offers a range of housing types, sizes and prices to ensure that the area meets the needs of all ages, income levels and cultures. Old Hilliard continues to attract residents with museums, parks, outdoor performances, monuments, farmers’ markets, festivals, parades and popular restaurants. Businesses share the common mission of embracing the past while welcoming the future, and will move Hilliard forward on its journey toward a more modern lifestyle that still embraces the Hilliard spirit of “Real People. Real Possibilities.”