Post-Storm Curbside Chipper Service in HilliardPosted July 12, 2017 in Community Alert
Storm damage and cleanup is frustrating and we want to help. Did you know that in addition to the citywide biweekly chipper service, Hilliard offers a supplemental chipper service to residents who have experienced a significant amount of brush after a major storm? The city sends out extra trucks until the fallen trees and limbs are cleaned up.
To request pickup, residents are encouraged to make a Service Request by calling (614) 876-7361 ext. 706 or make an online Chipper Service Request here. The best way to ensure prompt pickup is to make your request as soon as possible after a storm.
The normal shrub trimming regulations apply for the supplemental chipper service and are listed below.
- Trimmings should be at least 4 feet in length. There is no maximum length – longer trimmings are easier for City crews to remove. Trimmings less than 4 feet in length are a safety concern when feeding the chipper machine. Therefore, trimmings less than 4 feet in length will not be collected by City crews and shall be bagged for yard waste.
- The machine will accept branches with a maximum diameter of 8 inches.
- All trimmings must be piled within 6 feet of the curb or at the end of the driveway. Trimming piles should be placed neatly with the cut off ends pointed towards the street.
- Trees and bushes with roots cannot go through the chipper machine. Roots must be cut off.
- Tree and shrub clippings only. No vines or honeysuckle. Clippings which include foreign materials such as nails, wire or staples will not be picked up.
- No firewood, lumber, boards, wire or other debris.
- City equipment and employees will not come on private property to remove trimmings.
- Clippings should not be piled near mailboxes, fire hydrants or parked cars, as they may scratch the cars. Clippings deemed too close to parked cars will not be picked up.