Mayor’s Court Q&A

The court is presided over by a magistrate who is certified to hear and determine cases filed in Mayor’s Court.

You can contest a ticket by appearing at the hearing date written on the ticket.

The court date is written on the bottom of the ticket. You can also do a case search for your court date or go to the pay your ticket page and click the button.  You can also contact the Clerk of Court to find out when you are due in court.

You must appear at the Clerk of Court office during business hours and sign a form requesting a continuance. This cannot occur over the phone.

If it is an offense other than a minor misdemeanor or an unclassified misdemeanor, a written jury demand must be filed with the Clerk of Court.

Yes, you can pay your ticket online. You can also mail payment to Hilliard Mayor’s Court, 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, Ohio 43026 or use the 24-hour drop box located in the lobby of the Joint Safety Services Building.

You have a right to an attorney. To determine whether you need an attorney, please refer to the “Defendant Rights” section under “Defendant Information and Resources.”

No, attorneys may fax motions, plea forms, and requests for discovery to (614) 529-6036.

If you choose to transfer your case to FCMC, it will be set for an arraignment date.  You must appear at the arraignment date in downtown Columbus at FCMC and let them know how you would like to proceed with your case.  Please note that FCMC will assign you its own case number, different from the Hilliard Mayor’s Court case number.  You can find information on a case that has been transferred to FCMC at