Mayor’s Court Q&A

Mayor’s Court is held in the Joint Safety Services Building at 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard.

No, the court is presided over by a magistrate who is certified to hear and determine cases filed in Mayor’s Court.

You can contest a ticket by appearing at the hearing date written on the ticket.

The court date is written on the bottom of the ticket. You can also contact the Clerk of Court to find out when you are due in court.

You must appear at the Clerk of Court office during business hours and sign a form requesting a continuance. This cannot occur over the phone.

If it is an offense other than a minor misdemeanor or an unclassified misdemeanor, a written jury demand must be filed with the Clerk of Court.

Yes, you can pay your ticket online. You can also mail payment to Hilliard Mayor’s Court, 5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard, Ohio 43026 or use the 24-hour drop box located in the lobby of the Joint Safety Services Building.

You have the right to be represented by an attorney. However, public defenders are not provided by our Mayor’s Court.

No, attorneys may fax motions and pleas to be filed and requests for discovery to 614-529-6036.