Solicitation Q&A

Residents can pick-up complimentary stickers at City Hall, the Hilliard Community Center or the Safety Service Building.

Any type of “No Soliciting” or “No Trespassing” sign legally meets the requirement to prohibit a solicitor from entering your property.

To report a violation call (614) 876-7321.

Under the Hilliard City Code, vendors are still required to register with the city for a permit, Chief Fisher noted. Through this registration, the vendor goes through a background check and receives an official ID.

Residents who wish to confirm the validity of a permit, or report a trespassing vendor, can call the Hilliard Division of Police at (614) 876-7321.

Children 18 and under, such as Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, as well as charitable and religious organizations are exempt from the requirement to obtain a permit. However, those groups must still avoid homes with no canvassing, no soliciting, or no peddling signs.

Vendors may only conduct business from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and must display their city-issued permit on outer clothing.