In 2019 the Hilliard Sports Commission completed its purpose of developing a set of recommendations for City Council related to the use of community sports and athletic facilities. Having completed its directed purpose, the Sports Commission is now on hiatus. The board’s recommendations can be found below.
Communicate the Sports Commission’s recommendations and gain feedback from Hilliard City Schools, local sports organizations, local townships, the Franklin County Agricultural Society, and local businesses.
This recommendation involves forming a single-point youth sports coordination organization (Hilliard Area Sports Council) within the City of Hilliard Recreation and Parks Department. would include representatives of the City, Hilliard City Schools, and select local recognized youth organizations. It would establish criteria for which youth sports organization would govern and act in an advisory role on future matters.
Other responsibilities of HASC could include:
- performing background checks on coaches,
- qualifying youth organizations,
- developing conduct standards,
- coordinating organization sessions for field optimization,
- working with teams requesting field usage to ensure they meet eligibility criteria and can be scheduled in an efficient manner,
- working with the City and Schools to organize and schedule tournaments, and
- coordinating tournament scheduling with Destination Hilliard and local hotel groups.
- Jim Dietz, Chairman
- Aaron Conrad
- Dave Delande
- Kurt Schooley
- Charles Steitz
- Les Carrier, City Council Representative
- Tim Kauffman, Destination Hilliard Representative
- Libby Gierach, Hilliard Area Chamber Of Commerce
- Mike McDonough, Hilliard City School District