Water & Sewer Application Process

Follow these steps to secure water and sewer service within the Hilliard city limits.

  1. Apply for a water main tapping permit at city hall (3800 Municipal Way). Call 614-876-7361 with questions.
  2. Apply to pay the City of Columbus water service connection charges in person at the Division of Water located at 111 N Front St. Bring the Hilliard water main tapping permit, and a meter charge must be paid to obtain a water meter. Call 614-645-7330 with questions.
  3. Hire a contractor to install a service line that extends from your home to the water main. Contact us for a list of licensed contractors.
  4. Obtain the $100 right-of-way (ROW) permit by contacting the ROW permit coordinator at kharshbarger@hilliardohio.gov or 614-334-2366. If the installation requires under road construction, the contractor must use directional drilling.
  5. Coordinate an inspection of the finished sewer line installation with the City of Hilliard and the City of Columbus.

Note: All fees are valid only for the year listed and are reference only. Contact the City of Columbus Public Utilities to obtain current fees.