Water & Sewer Application Process
Follow these steps to secure water and sewer service within the Hilliard city limits.
- Apply for a water main tapping permit at city hall (3800 Municipal Way). Call 614-876-7361 with questions.
- Apply to pay the City of Columbus water service connection charges in person at the Division of Water located at 111 N Front St. Bring the Hilliard water main tapping permit, and a meter charge must be paid to obtain a water meter. Call 614-645-7330 with questions.
- Hire a contractor to install a service line that extends from your home to the water main. Contact us for a list of licensed contractors.
- Obtain the $100 right-of-way (ROW) permit by contacting the ROW permit coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-334-2366. If the installation requires under road construction, the contractor must use directional drilling.
- Coordinate an inspection of the finished sewer line installation with the City of Hilliard and the City of Columbus.
Note: All fees are valid only for the year listed and are reference only. Contact the City of Columbus Public Utilities to obtain current fees.