We’re Listening: City Seeks Feedback on Stormwater Quality Management ProgramPosted January 7, 2022 in Streets and Public Service
The City of Hilliard is looking for feedback on its updated Stormwater Management Program (SWMP). Residents are encouraged to read through the SWMP document (found below) to learn more and provide feedback by February 18, 2022.
The City recently updated its Stormwater Management Program, a document made to fulfill Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) requirements, that outlines ways to develop and implement practices to reduce pollutants and protect water quality. The new plan reflects the following best management practices:
- Public education and outreach
- Public participation/involvement
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site stormwater runoff control
- Post construction stormwater management in new development and redevelopment
- Pollution prevention for municipal operations
The City will be receiving comments on the updated SWMP until 5 p.m. on February 18, 2022. Please provide written comments or direct any questions to City Project Engineer Jeff Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.