Work ramping up on the Scioto Darby Road and Leppert Road Improvements ProjectPosted January 4, 2018 in Your Community
You’ve probably noticed that construction signs and fencing have started to go up in the area. By the end of this month, crews will begin utility and sewer work for the project. However, traffic will not be impacted until this spring.
Project improvements include:
- Two through lanes of traffic in each direction along Scioto Darby Road from Leppert Road to Bradford Drive.
- Construction of two modern roundabouts along Scioto Darby Road, one at the intersection of Leppert Road and the other at Veterans Memorial Drive.
- Construction of new asphalt multi-use paths along both sides of Scioto Darby Road from Veterans Memorial Drive to the existing paths located just east of Cosgray Road.
- Construction of a new asphalt multi-use path along the east side of Leppert Road from Scioto Darby Road north to the Heritage Rail Trail.
- Construction of new asphalt multi-use paths on both sides of Veterans Memorial Drive from Scioto Darby Road south to the existing municipal park pedestrian facilities.
- Full street lighting along Scioto Darby Road and partial lighting of Leppert Road to illuminate pedestrian crossings.
- Mid-block pedestrian crossings at select locations protected by curbed medians and/or user activated flashing beacons.
- Traffic calming elements including raised crosswalks at the roundabouts and a raised intersection at Leppert Road and Laura Lane.
For more information about this project that will improve travel for both drivers and pedestrians, head to: https://hilliardohio.gov/…/scioto-darby-road-an…/project-home