Forms and Applications

Alarm Permit Application

Individuals and businesses who maintain a security, a fire or a medical alarm system must apply biennially for a permit. If you or your business maintains an alarm system, please complete an Alarm Permit Application Form in its entirety.

Important Documents

  • HPD-130 Alarm Permit Application PDF

Public Appearance Request

Want an officer to appear at your school, church or community event? Interested in touring the police station? Fill out a Public Appearance Request form and e-mail it to

Important Documents

  • HPD-018 Public Appearance Request PDF

Public Records Request

Need a copy of a Public Record? Fill out a form and email it to Please review the Public Records Policy.

Important Documents

  • HPD-046 Public Records Request PDF

Important Documents

  • Public Records Policy PDF

Special Duty Request

Police officers are available to provide security, law enforcement, traffic control, and other services at events or locations via a Special Detail Agreement.

You must fill out the contract and submit it to Sgt. Kris Settles at for approval. There is a three-hour minimum, per officer, per event. For more information contact Sgt. Kris Settles at 614-334-2479 or

Important Documents

  • HPD Special Duty Agreement PDF
  • request for special duty PDF

Street Closure Application

Planning a Block Party and need your street closed off? Fill out a Street Closure Application Form. E-mail the form to

Important Documents

  • HPD-013 Street Closure Application PDF

Transient Vendor’s Application

Parties who wish to sell items door-to-door within the City of Hilliard must fill out a Transient Vendor’s Application form. Come to the police station with your payment to submit the form.

Important Documents

  • HPD-090 Transient Vendor Permit Application PDF

Inquiry into Employee or Policy

The Hilliard Division of Police is committed to providing people of our community with quality law enforcement services and to treating citizens in a manner in which is courteous, helpful, and responsive. We believe our core values of Integrity, Commitment, Cooperation and Professionalism are the basis for community trust and we set high standards for the personal and professional conduct of all our employees.

Residents are encouraged to submit the form in person at the Safety Service Building (5171 Northwest Parkway, Hilliard OH, 43026).

Important Documents

  • Procedure for Inquiry PDF
  • Request for Investigation PDF