In Hilliard, trash, recycling and yard waste are collected by Local Waste Services every Tuesday, except for on certain holidays.
Each residential address in the City of Hilliard is provided with two bins to use for waste disposal: a blue bin for recyclable material, and a green bin for trash.
Residents may request a larger recycling (blue) bin free of charge. An larger waste (green) bin can be purchased for $50.
Bin Repair and Replacement
The City of Hilliard repairs broken trash and recycling containers damaged by ordinary wear and usage.
If your residential bin is cracked, has a broken wheel, or just isn’t functioning properly, please place an online Hilliard 311 service request. The City’s operations division will examine the bin on the following Wednesday or Thursday to determine whether the bin needs fixed or replaced.
Note: The City of Hilliard will not replace trash or recycling bins due to smell or filth. Residents are asked to clean their bins regularly.
|Trash Pick-Up Schedule||2022|
|New Year's Day||Saturday, Jan. 1 – no delay|
|Martin Luther King Jr Day||Monday, Jan. 17 – no delay|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30 – collection will occur on Wednesday, June 1|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 4 – collection will occur on Wednesday, July 6|
|Labor Day||Monday, Sept., 5 – collection will occur on Wednesday, Sept. 7|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov. 24 – no delay|
|Christmas||Sunday, Dec. 25 – no delay|
Follow these tips to make sure your materials are collected:
- Place containers at the end of your driveway by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day.
- Do not place containers on the street. Place them on the apron or edge of the tree lawn closest to the street.
- Do not bundle or bag recyclable materials — place them loosely in recycling bins.
- Return plastic grocery bags to grocery stores — do not put them in curbside recycling.
- Check the list of recyclable materials.
- Put yard waste in brown paper bags or containers clearly marked with yard waste stickers, which are available at 3800 Municipal Way.
- Containers should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Need assistance? Call the Trash Line!
Option 1 Service Miss
Option 2 Billing
Option 3 Starting/Canceling Service