In Hilliard, trash, recycling and yard waste are collected every Tuesday, except for on certain holidays (those that fall on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday), which are noted below.
|Trash Pick-Up Schedule||2021|
|New Year's Day||Fri., Jan. 1 – no delay|
|Martin Luther King Jr Day||Mon., Jan. 18 – no delay|
|Memorial Day||Mon., May 31 – collection will occur on Wed. June 2|
|Independence Day||Sun., July 4 – no delay|
|Labor Day||Mon., Sept., 6 – collection will occur on Wed. Sept. 8|
|Thanksgiving||Thurs., Nov. 25 – no delay|
|Christmas||Sat., Nov. 25 – no delay|
Follow these tips to make sure your materials are collected:
- Place containers at the end of your driveway by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day.
- Do not place containers on the street. Place them on the apron or edge of the tree lawn closest to the street.
- Do not bundle or bag recyclable materials — place them loosely in recycling bins.
- Return plastic grocery bags to grocery stores — do not put them in curbside recycling.
- Check the list of recyclable materials below for other items we can’t collect.
- Put yard waste in brown paper bags or containers clearly marked with yard waste stickers, which are available at 3800 Municipal Way.
- Containers should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
Need assistance? Call the Trash Line!
Option 1 Service Miss
Option 2 Billing
Option 3 Starting/Canceling Service