Hilliard 311

Hilliard 311 LogoHilliard 311 is a service that allows residents to submit service requests from a computer, smartphone or tablet. They can go to hilliard.mobile311.com.  All you have to do is create an account and log in to report issues and communicate directly with the City. Those who prefer calling can reach Hilliard 311 at (614) 876-7361 ext. 311.

All concerns are automatically converted to work requests and routed to the Department of Public Service. Users can attach a photo and notes with their requests, as well as track the status and view comments from the City in response to their request.

Hilliard 311 is for non-emergency public service requests. In case of an emergency, please contact 911. If there are is a non-emergency police service, please contact the Hilliard Division of Police at (614) 876-7321.

Service requests include, but are not limited to:

  • Leaf collection
  • Potholes
  • Sewer maintenance
  • Snow removal
  • Street light outage
  • Street sign issues
  • Street sweeping
  • Traffic signal concerns
  • Tree maintenance

Important Service Request Information

Chipper Service

The City of Hilliard will provide a weekly citywide chipper service beginning April 13, 2020 and continuing thru October 23, 2020. The city is divided into four color-coded quadrants: orange, green, blue, and purple. A city crew will go through each quadrant one day per week (Monday through Thursday) to provide chipper service weather permitting.

The weekly chipper service schedule is as follows:

  • Monday – Orange
  • Tuesday – Green
  • Wednesday – Blue
  • Thursday – Purple

Quadrant Map

To utilize this service, residents simply need to have tree limbs and brush piled curbside by 7AM the scheduled day of their weekly chipper service. Vines, thorns, root balls, grass of any kind, and foreign materials such as metal, lumber, nails, wire, string, rope, or staples are absolutely prohibited. Any brush or tree limbs containing any of the aforementioned items will NOT be collected.

Local Waste, the City of Hilliard’s contract refuse hauler, will also continue to offer brush collection services weekly. Brush collected by Local Waste is considered as yard waste. To be picked up, material must meet yard waste criteria: brush must be cut into lengths of no longer than 4-feet, and then must be bagged, bundled, using biodegradable string or twine (no metal wire), or placed into a standard trash container used exclusively for yard waste, and labeled “YARD WASTE ONLY”. Bundles may not exceed 2-feet in diameter.  No single bundle, yard waste can, or bag may exceed 75 lbs. in weight.

When a tree service or landscape company is hired to cut down trees or clear areas, they are solely responsible for that removal.

Starting on Oct. 7 and continuing through the end of the year, city crews will collect leaves placed curbside. Leaves must be raked into the green space between the curb and sidewalk and should not be near fire hydrants, mailboxes, parked cars, signs or streetlights. Collections run from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Residents can also bag leaves in biodegradable brown paper bags for standard weekly curbside yard waste pickup.

Weekly Collection Schedule for each quadrant:
Blue Quadrant Orange Quadrant Green Quadrant Purple Quadrant
Week 1 Oct. 7 – Oct. 11 Week 1 Oct. 7 – Oct. 11 Week 1 Oct. 7 – Oct. 11 Week 1 Oct. 7 – Oct. 11
Week 2 Oct. 14 – Oct. 18 Week 2 Oct. 14 – Oct. 18 Week 2 Oct. 14 – Oct. 18 Week 2 Oct. 14 – Oct. 18
Week 3 Oct. 21 – Oct. 25 Week 3 Oct. 21 – Oct. 25 Week 4 Oct. 28 – Nov. 1 Week 4 Oct. 28 – Nov. 1
Week 5 Nov. 4 – Nov. 8 Week 5 Nov. 4 – Nov. 8 Week 6 Nov. 11 – Nov. 15 Week 6 Nov. 11 – Nov. 15
Week 7 Nov. 18 – Nov. 22 Week 7 Nov. 18 – Nov. 22 Week 8 Nov. 25 – Nov. 29 Week 8 Nov. 25 – Nov. 29
Week 9 Dec. 2 – Dec. 6 Week 9 Dec. 2 – Dec. 6 Week 10 Dec 9 – Dec 13 Week 10 Dec 9 – Dec 13

We use various tools, including salt brine and plowing, to manage ice and snow on city streets. If you see snow equipment on the roads, please give them the right of way and stay at least 100 feet back. We will clear all city streets, starting with major thoroughfares.

We schedule street sweeping to maintain roads, improve storm sewer system efficiency and keep Hilliard looking beautiful. Street sweepers typically run Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on scheduled days.

Residents should move their cars on street sweeping days and avoid sweeping materials, including leaves, into the streets. You can collect leaves to be picked up by the city’s yard waste or leaf collection programs.

From April through October, the city will provide street sweeping services.  The City’s street sweeper will typically run Monday thru Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm, weather permitting. 

The Operations Division performs periodic and frequent street sweeping throughout all residential and commercial areas of the City.  Street sweeping beautifies Hilliard’s streets, gateways, parks, and community by removing unsightly litter and debris.  Routine street sweeping reduces the amount of flooding during heavy rainfall and increases operational efficiency of the City’s storm sewer system.  Street sweeping also protects the environment by significantly reducing the amount of pollutants entering the City’s storm sewer system.

How can you do your part?

  • Rake, then compost or bag leaves for recycling with the City’s Recycling Program.
  • Don’t sweep materials into the streets or along curbsides.

Grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, shrubbery and other yard waste are collected weekly for Hilliard residents. Organic waste should be placed in brown paper bags or rigid containers clearly labeled with yard waste stickers, which are available at the Hilliard Municipal Building (3800 Municipal Way).

Please cut branches to less than 4 feet in length and tie them into bundles with string or twine. Each container, bag or bundle must weigh less than 50 pounds and be free of rocks, dirt and plastic bags.

flushing graphic


We want to hear from you!


Our city is committed to maintaining an open and honest dialogue with residents. Your questions, concerns and ideas are extremely important to us. Please fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If this is a service request, please contact Hilliard 311.

Contact Form

Note: Due to the amount of form submissions, please allow for up to 24 hours for us to respond.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

All comments submitted through our contact form are public record. To remain anonymous, please contact the city by phone.

You can also reach the city by phone, on social media, or in-person at city hall and upcoming city council meetings.