Hilliard City Council is accepting applications for open five-year terms on the Board of Zoning Appeals. All Board appointments are made by City Council for terms beginning January 2024.
The Board consists of seven members, all of whom must be qualified electors of the City. Current members whose terms are expiring are eligible for reappointment but need to reapply to be considered.
The Board as prescribed by Chapter 1106 of the Planning and Zoning Code reviews administrative appeals, variances, nonconforming uses, and other matters as defined by the Code.
The Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Hilliard Municipal Building, 3800 Municipal Way.
The ideal candidate may have some of the following skills:
- Knowledge of or interest in community issues relating to development
- Understanding of or willingness to learn municipal ordinances and zoning code
- Understanding of or familiarity with the conduct of public meetings
- Relevant experience in or knowledge of development-related fields
- Ability to review and understand development plans and analyze planning-related issues
- Ability to listen to others and communicate effectively in a public forum
Interested applicants must submit a résumé and letter of interest by noon Sept. 8 to Diane Werbrich, Clerk of Council, at email@example.com via email or at 3800 Municipal Way, Hilliard, OH 43026. Candidates may be contacted for an interview with members of City Council.