Hilliard City Council is accepting applications for six open positions on the Planning and Zoning Commission for 2024. Appointments are made by City Council and are for four-year terms that will begin January 2024.
The Commission consists of seven members, all of whom must be qualified electors of the City. Five members represent each of the City’s five wards. Two members serve “at large.” Current members whose terms are expiring are eligible for reappointment but need to reapply to be considered.
P&Z advises on land use, planning issues and proposed zoning code amendments. It also reviews zoning requests, conditional use requests, preliminary and final plats, development plans, and requests for sign variances. The purpose, powers, and duties of the P&Z Commission is further described in Article IX of the Hilliard City Charter and Chapter 1107 of the City’s Codified Ordinances.
The Commission meets the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Hilliard Municipal Building, 3800 Municipal Way.
The ideal candidate may have some of the following skills:
- Knowledge of or interest in community issues relating to development
- Understanding of or willingness to learn municipal ordinances and zoning code
- Understanding of or familiarity with the conduct of public meetings
- Relevant experience in or knowledge of development-related fields
- Ability to review and understand development plans and analyze planning-related issues
- Ability to listen to others and communicate effectively in a public forum.
Interested applicants must submit a résumé and letter of interest (indicating your voting ward, if known) by noon Sept. 8 to Diane Werbrich, Clerk of Council, at email@example.com via email or at 3800 Municipal Way, Hilliard, OH 43026. Candidates may be contacted for an interview with members of City Council.
Click the map below for a detailed pdf view of each ward.