HPD to Host National Night Out at Darby Glen Aug. 1Posted July 17, 2023 in Community Events
A police K9, kids’ games, dunk tank, food and prizes, and fire engine tours will be just part of the fun when the City of Hilliard Division of Police hosts the community for the annual National Night Out on Tuesday, Aug. 1.
This year, the event will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Darby Glen Park, 4340 Swenson St.
Hilliard police officers will be on hand for various activities, including police cruiser displays.
- Learn about K9 Max from handler Officer Schweickart. The duo will give a demonstration at 6:30 p.m.
- Families can meet with an officer to learn about programs and services offered by the Division, such as vacation house checks, bicycle registration, women’s self defense classes, and the nationally renowned Citizen’s Police Academy program.
- Dunk a Hilliard police officer for a great cause! The Hilliard Bobcats Special Olympics team will be volunteering at the dunk tank.
- The Norwich Township Fire Department will give tours of its fire engine and medic. A bounce house also will be available for children, courtesy of the department.
- The evening will end with raffles for bicycles and other fun prizes, courtesy of Target. Free food and treats also will be available.
“This is an event we look forward to hosting each year,” said Police Chief Michael Woods. “It’s a great opportunity for community engagement and supports our philosophy of community-oriented policing.”
National Night Out, sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch, is designed to heighten awareness of crime and drug prevention, and to encourage community and police interaction.
The event is possible thanks to our sponsors, which include Amazon Web Services, Ease Logistics, Hilliard Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni Association, Milo’s, Rita’s Italian Ice, and State Farm Insurance – Shannon Best.